Thursday, October 6, 2011

Damn Piper.

Paige Harper 4 years old was climbing into the car getting herself situated into her car seat, which is hard to do when you are trying to balance your french fries and chocolate milk, out of nowhere Piper Reese all of one year old reaches over and snatches Paige's hot and tasty french fries right out her hand.  Seeing how one year old's aren't so super agile this knocks the fries out of Paige's little hands and they rain down onto the car's carpeted floor. "UUUUUUUGaaaaHHH, Damn Piper" My Darling 4 year old says, as Piper lets out a squeal of happiness.


In this moment I can see how the next 14 years of my life are going to be. It has started and My Baby just turned one.. they are already fighting.

I look at Paige with my mouth a gape, "Paige! we don't say that word.. it is a bad word" I tell her. "I didn't say a bad word" she says " I didn't say Stupid" she whispers.

My husband Matt and I just lectured her on how we don't call ourselves or others "stupid" the other day, I am glad in this moment that, that conversation stuck, but it looks like we need to have another talk. So I proceed to tell her I didn't care if she heard Mommy or Daddy use that word, we shouldn't have and neither should she.


A Few days later...

I have both kids sitting down eating some buttered toast I am busy sewing a patch on my apron for work. I have Paige sitting at the island in the kitchen and Piper Reese in in the highchair right next to her. Paige is singing songs she has learned in school and munching away on her toast. Piper is rubbing the butter into her hair. A few seconds later I hear Paige gasp and say "OH NO!!!!" I look up to see what kind of tragedy I have on my hands, just to see that Piper has gotten into the drawer with all of her sippy cup lids in it, there are lids covering the tray of her highchair. It is no biggie so I keep on sewing. then I hear Paige ask me "Mom... can I say damn?"  am concentrating on my sewing project. so I auto answer "sure" and she says really loud almost shocking "DAMN PIPER!" I laugh quiet and say. "OH no!! I am sorry no, never say that word, mommy didn't mean to tell you that you could. She just looks at me with her great big eyes holds her hand up to her mouth  and says. "oops".

I love my kids....

Paige Spring 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment