Thursday, October 13, 2011

Put On Your Party Hat


So we went to an awesome birthday party at my Sisters house last night... Mister turned 4 yesterday!! he had a pirate themed birthday. It was awesome. Kids all dressed up like Pirates and had a treasure hunt and she even made chocolate treasure chests that topped the cupcakes (i would have a photo but Matthew ate it last night before I got a photo). My sister is so creative, it always makes me feel like I am lacking in the party department. I have not even really tried to think about Paige's birthday yet. I am still worrying about making Halloween costumes. (that is what I do best, sew stuff for the kids to wear)

On our way to the Party I stopped by the Dollar store in an effort to be a good Aunt, I wanted to get him some balloons so I got him 4 latex balloons and then 1 pretty little pirate balloon. On my way out to the car from the store (it was really windy yesterday) I popped the blue balloon. Then getting out of the car the cute little Pirate balloon blew away. :( Mister never got to see it. We arrived with one black one red and one yellow balloon tangled around Piper, and of course the whole house was decorated in red and black so my one little yellow balloon through off the whole decor.  Lucky for me, my sister understands my best intentions are in everything I do.

So on our way home last night Paige said "That was a really great party". So I ask her " What kind of birthday do you want." she says. " uuuh a robot party, probably" she is so stuck on robots lately.. well actually since July. Back in July she wanted to talk about her birthday so I asked her what kind of gift she wanted to get and what kind of cake she wanted to eat. she was surprisingly thorough, with the description of things, and to this day she still will tell you the same thing she told me that day.

Gift- a  Pink Robot (god only knows where I am going to find a pink robot.)
Cake- purple frosting with a rainbow on it. and maybe some M&M's.

So who knows what this party is going to be like.
I do know that we actually have kids to invite to this party, for the first time ever she will at least have kids to play with on her birthday! that makes me happy for her.

She is such a wonderful little person and she deserves something great for her birthday. I hope I can deliver.




So here is my funny Paige story today,

June 25th 2011,

Mom and I were talking about taking Paige and Piper to the Zoo the next day, in an effort to get her excited about going I asked her "Paige, do you want to go see the Butterflies at the zoo tomorrow?" (she had just been a couple weeks earlier for Addison's Birthday).

She looks at me wide eyed and says "No! I am scared of them"
So I ask "Why are you scared of them, baby?"
she replies " Because they are EVERYWHERE!" while wildly waving her arms above her head.

Paigeism of the day:
Tubana Slip = Banana Split. 
 
Imaginary Friends 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment