Sunday, January 17, 2016

Back after a LONG time

I have recently decided that I should start blogging again. The kids are growing fast and I need to document all of their crazy antics so that I can have some awesome ammunition when they are teenagers. Right now life is hectic. Paige is 8 Piper is 5. I no longer have babies but I do have some AWESOME kids. They amaze me in so many ways every day. They are truly the light in my life - the bright spots in  my day that can melt away all of the pain and all of the stress.  Last year was probably the most trying year of my life - it felt like one thing after another was going wrong.

It started in January, My father in law had gotten very ill and was hospitalized with pneumonia, this was terrifying and Matt traveled down to Boise spending a week with his family as it had become so serious. While he was down there I found out we were going to be expecting our third child, it was a shock, as we were really not anticipating such news as we thought we were done having babies. We adjusted quickly knowing that a third baby would be a fun adventure, as we feel like we are doing a pretty good job at this Mom and Dad job that God has blessed us with. As blessed as this would make us we were still a little nervous of the extra everything this might mean.

March was the most trying month do date. March 21st I found out that the little life that was growing inside of me stopped. Just stopped. I was 11 weeks along, It was devastating and there are really no words to make it better. To be perfectly honest I felt like I already knew when I went into the Dr. that day, I had told Matt that we were probably going to get bad news that day. I had for a couple weeks felt very distant from my pregnancy.  It was a weird feeling that I had never experienced with either of the girls pregnancies. I have no other words for this other than, thank God for Matthew, Paige and Piper as they really helped me cope with this loss.

The next little bit is all a Blur. All of the sudden we were thrown into Donut season and spending so much time preparing every week for the next Saturday at the Farmers market.  -I love our little business but it is the most exhausting thing we do for sure!- In the midst of preparing for another season of Mini Donuts, my Mother called with the news that they were going to be putting Grandpa into an assisted living facility to witch bothered me a bit, but when it came down to it Grandma needed the help.

July, my father spent most of this month in the hospital with Pneumonia, this was one of the scariest parts of my year I was on edge for nearly three weeks praying he would come out of it and hoping I wouldn't have to make an emergency trip to the hospital.

October rolled around and the morning of the 19th I had just sat down to my desk at work and my cell phone rang. I thought how strange it was to be ringing at such an early hour since I start my work day at 6:30 am. When I dug through my bag to find my phone the screen lit up with my mothers face and I knew then that whatever the news was... it wasn't good news. I answered the phone "Hey mom, what's wrong?" she answered "We lost Grandpa last night" my heart instantly fell to my stomach. I still can't imagine never getting to hear another one of his stories. I wrote my memories of him and read them at his funeral. I think this must be how I cope with loss... is remembering who he was for me.

November Grammy, my Dad's Mother, had to have surgery to have her foot amputated. This was a smaller but still tragic loss,  I know that her foot was causing an awful amount of pain - but I still can't imagine having to live without a body part you have had for nearly 82 years. 

December was a wonderful month. we had a quiet yet wonderful Christmas here in Idaho Falls. I love being able to just be with the kids all day, and as selfish as it sounds, not having to share them on this day of the year. The girls get to play lazily all day with no hectic moments, while Matt and I get to Look upon them and truly feel and see how blessed we really are.

We celebrated our Christmas with our parents over the New year weekend. New years eve we got to see some old friends that we haven't got to sit and visit with in way to long, while my Mom and Dad had a pig out night with the girls. New years day we did Christmas with Matt's Folks and it was a wonderful night with good food and GREAT company, I love getting to spend time with my nieces and nephew. The 3rd we got to spend with My Mom and Dad, we did our Christmas different this year and in lieu of gifts for the adults this year we decided to have a fun day out, we choose bowling and the arcade with some amazing pizza to top the night off... it was a pretty wonderful trip to Boise. It really looked like 2016 was going to be a much better year then rotten old 2015.

I had not even been back three days when I was in one of the worst meetings of my career, I missed a phone call from my mother,  I was again worried, as she works later hours than me, and I am not accustomed to talking to her before 7 pm most weekdays. I shot her a text that I was in a meeting and would have to call her when it was over. I called her as soon as I got out, she said "are you home yet?" I replied, "No, not yet, I still need to pick up Piper and head to the bank, they pulled Daycare out of my check twice this pay-period so I need to deposit my reimbursement check, why what's up?" she replies, "call me when you are home and sitting down."  Well CRAP I thought, either they won the lotto or it is really bad news.

I called her when I got home, Grammy had Passed away that day, Pneumonia (I kind of HATE Pneumonia right now). I knew I probably wouldn't be able to make it down for her funeral, and that kind of killed me a little inside, but it was what it was, and the money for the plane ticket was more then I could put out,  So I wrote my Memories in an email and sent them to my parents, in hopes that they would enjoy it, and maybe share it with my close family back there. Mom did me one better and read it aloud at her funereal.

So, no more trials this year, the rest of this year is going to be amazing!!! I am going to keep this blog much more current so I don't have to write a long terribly boring story once a year.




No comments:

Post a Comment